"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Fresh Snow

I had a bit of a sore throat and headache for about three days.

The weather here was dull, muddy, and completely uninspiring.

School lessons during this time of year lose their satisfaction and appeal.

We were just plugging away at the mundane...


Until I had heard that we were to receive a fresh blanket of snow!

I was excited for the change of scenery, and went to bed the night before in anticipation...


I could hear the storm rolling in as I laid in bed...


(The children and I enjoy flipping through the pages of our vintage children's books to look for stories and pictures that relate to the season and weather we are experiencing...)



Sure enough, we awoke to a glorious winter wonderland...


Every scene out every window was dazzling white.

Finally feeling back to normal, I decided on an early morning nature walk out in the snow.

(You can't fully see the sparkle and glitter of fresh snow unless you are out there in it!)

The children were busy with their morning routine and chores, so I quickly rugged up and told them I would be back in fifteen minutes.


The morning sky was a peculiar bright blue!

The air felt frigid on my throat and in my lungs.


I was thankful for tall warm boots.


Country life is still and quiet...

Just the trees and trails for neighbors.

(Our trees are great neighbors! They don't play loud music or stick their nose in our business. *wink)


This land has become my dear friend.

I know it inside and out.


Often I've escaped to these trails for alone time just to think and ponder and pray...

I always return refreshed, and thankful for this life.

I did nothing to deserve it.

It's a gift from the Lord.


My walk took me down to our swing...


My favorite spot on all of our land!


It sure looks different dressed in winter.

Hard to believe that in only a couple of short months, the green will be growing again!


I made it back to the house in under fifteen minutes. 

My fingers were frozen but the rest of me remained perfectly warm. 

(You learn to invest in a good quality winter coat when you live in the north. As Micah says, "There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear.")

The children had completed their chores, Nola was on the piano, and Roman had begun his arithmetic.

My heart rate was a bit up from the brisk walk on unplowed trails, so I felt as though I had begun my morning with some good exercise.

It made me remember a time when an acquaintance said to me how she thought I had a nice life except that it was missing exercise.

I don't have any interest in bouncing around my living room in front of a workout DVD in order to get "exercise". I would always rather go for a walk, breathe in the fresh air, and soak up a little sunshine out in the fresh snow instead.

*smile



xo,


~ Courtney ~

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found that to be true! Thanks for all your lovely comments! It sure makes blogging much more fun when I can interact with fiends!

      Delete
  2. Yes, getting outdoors for fresh air is better than any treadmill or DVD. Nature has a way of healing the body, mind and soul all at the same time. (Had to fix my autocorrect spelling error...grrr)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's funny because it happened to me, too. I figured you'd know that I meant "friends"! Haha

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!