"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

"Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!"
~ Thomas Hood


I'm just popping in quickly today to say, "Happy Valentine's Day!" to my dear, sweet readers... my friends... that's YOU!

I hope you are lavished with love today!

This bouquet of roses was waiting for me in the kitchen, with a love letter... my favorite!!!

And Roman, who's nine, brought me breakfast in bed...


I know YOU will be spoiled today, too! 

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck."
~ Emma Goldman

(I must say, I agree!)

I am sure your day will be filled with all sorts of special and lovely things...

We have made our cards...


And baked our treats...


(The kids love to help frost and decorate...)




And had our "Red Dinner" (a family tradition) on Valentine's Eve...

(The kids hung the hearts themselves!)



But what about YOU?...

What will you do?

Whatever it is I'm sure you'll make it wonderful and those closest to you will feel loved!

Remember to read today from the greatest love letter ever written... God's Word!



"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we may be called children of God; and that is what we are!"
~ 1 John 3:1



"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."
~ John 3:16

We are so loved!!!

Make it an extraordinary Valentine's day, friends!


"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."
~ Eden Ahbez


xo,


~ Courtney ~




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to spend the day and evening!! Wonderful Traditions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  2. I found my comment in my email! Yay!
    Roman, that is so sweet!! ❤️
    Pearl had a visitor on Valentine's Day. Her friend showed up at our door with his mom and a dozen roses and a card for Pearl.
    It makes me so happy to see these things from young boys being raised to treat women with such kindness!!
    p.s I love that embroidered pillowcase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! It worked! Haha!

      What a fun Valentine suprise for sweet Pearl! That must have melted your mama heart, and meant so much to her!!!

      My mother's nanny embroidered that pillow case set in the 1960's. I am happy to have them in my home!

      Thanks so much for the nice comment! It makes blogging much more fun!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!