"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

A New Year and a New Blog Title!

Yes, I realize it's been a new year for over a month now, haha...

But I haven't written a post since late December!

I have missed you!!!


Do you like my new blog title?

It's actually been on my mind to rename for many months!

I have had this humble little blog for two years now, and I've taken note as to the overall theme and topics I enjoy writing about the most...

I've noticed that this blog has mainly been about (1.) My home: the renovation projects we work on, as well as my decorating and thoughts on home living; and (2.) My experiences and beliefs as a wife and homeschool mother.

Hence the name; Rooms and Reflections.

I'm excited about the change!

I have recently made another big change, too!...

I deactivated my Facebook account a couple of weeks ago.

The reason I am mentioning it here is because every time I would publish a blog post I would post the link to it on Facebook. My thinking in doing that was to broaden my audience and make getting to my blog easier for people. 

Unfortunately, I began getting really negative comments.

(*sad face)

Because it was on Facebook, women were finding it who shouldn't have been, and leaving foolish comments meant to tear down me and my message.

Someone close to me finally said, "Stop casting your pearls before swine." And I realized it was time for me to leave that site.

It has been a huge blessing!

I have so much more time on my hands! I go to bed earlier and feel more rested! Plus it just feels so good to not be exposed to the cattiness anymore!

I realize that my blog readers will decrease as a result of this decision, but going from quantity to quality will be worth it I think!

(*wink)

SO... What have I been up to this winter?...


Enjoying the beautiful, snowy weather...

"He says to the snow, 'Fall upon the earth...'" Job 37:6


And warm, comforting meals...


We took the kids on an overnight family trip to help break up the winter and make precious memories...


And had some fun on our muddy trails on an unusually mild day...

(Haha! Oh, my Nola... She's a country girl alright!)

I also rearranged the furniture in the girls' room...

(Micah was away on a business trip and this helped distract me and pass the time.)

This was the girls' room before...


It's an old picture that shows Elsa's crib behind the door.

When we moved her to a big girl bed, we just put the bed in the place of the crib.

Well, one night I got ants in my pants and decided to play around.

I came up with this arrangement instead...


I like it so much better!!!


Another project we've been working on this winter is in our family room...

Micah's been refinishing the ceilings' beams and installing crown moulding...


I hope I can show you 'progress' pictures in the somewhat near future!

In the meantime however, this is how our kids have been watching TV due to the renovation, haha...


Well friends, there is more I'd love to write about! I keep a log in my home management binder of blog topic ideas! So, I will absolutely be back here soon!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! 

What have YOU been up to this winter?

I hope it's been a wonderful season of rest for you!


"Wash me and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7b


xo,

~ Courtney ~















4 comments:

  1. Always a blessing :) Look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing from you, Amanda! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad I inquired about you and your blog. Micah was so kind to take the time to respond. I have always enjoyed your blog, as you well know!! I am so glad to hear of ALL the time you're saving!! Again, each tidbit, something I am considering... how much precious time FB can take up, if we choose to participate. Your blog is such a breath of fresh air... on so many levels. THANK YOU for choosing to take the time to share!! ALWAYS a blessing to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! That encourages me! It was easy to give up Facebook, but this blog has always been something I just truly enjoy, so I couldn't it give up! It has always meant so much to me that you take the time to read and leave such uplifting comments! Thank you! :)

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!