"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

My Home This Christmas

Hi, friends!

I hope you are enjoying this holiday season!

As promised, I will be showing you my home decorated for Christmas.

(This is my view early every morning. The lighting is dim, and I sit with my coffee and read my bible.)

As I was taking the photos for this post, I wondered if I should even bother... 

I decorated very simply this year.

"They will not be impressed." I thought to myself.

But, nevertheless, this is my home and I am thankful for it.


The reason I decided not to be elaborate or detailed this year is because I have a painting and wallpaper project that I intend to start in January. So, I am hoping for a quick takedown of everything so I can begin as quickly as possible.

Also, no one can ever really know just how time and thought consuming homeschooling is unless they've done it. 

I don't want to use my kids as an excuse, but realistically, they are a factor! Haha...

A wiser, older mom friend of mine told me recently, "You will always have your creativity and heart for decorating, but you won't always have your kids."

Her words impacted me!

"YES!" I thought. "I will make Christmas crafts and decorate the bedrooms when I'm an empty-nester!"

But for now, my home looks like this...


~ Welcome! ~

This is my foyer and staircase, and what you'd see upon entering the front door...




This is my front room...




As always, my goal is to decorate in ways that are appropriate for an old farmhouse...


That is why you don't see me jumping on board with the latest trends.
(As darling as they are, my old home is very much set in her ways, and finds comfort in being filled with authentic decor. I've never minded catering to her wishes. *wink)




I love it when the sparkle of the lights reflect off of surrounding glass...


My dining room...


I know you know that Micah and I host Christmas Eve in our home each year. I look forward to sharing with you the photos of our farm table set and ready for the event!

It'll be here before we know it!!!


The heart of our home ~ the kitchen...



Have you picked up on a pattern yet, friends?

I love to use red roses in my Christmas decor!

I feel they are unique in a way, but also quite classic.




I have kicked the toys out of the way for the moment to show you the family room...





This is mainly where the kids hang out, but it does spread to other areas of the home, as well...

Roman and Nola played for hours up in the front room today. I'll throw in a messy pic for good measure...



Grab a coat, I'll show you the outside!...


We like to hang a small wreath on the kids' cabin...



Like I said, nothing fancy. Just simple this year...


Micah hangs lights and garland on the bushes and front porch banister each year.

I love that I see it from the couch...


"I'll be home for Christmas.
You can plan on me.
Please have snow
and mistletoe
and presents by the tree..."
~ Bing Crosby 


I hope you enjoyed the tour, friends!

And I hope you can be home this Christmas!


Until next time...


xo,

~ Courtney ~































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!