"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Friday, April 14, 2017

Soren Jack

Man, oh man!

I am behind on my blogging!!!

There is more I want to share with you about our trip, but since we've been home my little Soren has had a birthday! And I can't miss out on blogging about that!!! Haha...

SO... I interrupt this Costa Rica series to bring you...

Soren Jack ~


He turned 5 the other day!!!

I almost can't believe it!

When older mamas tell us younger mamas that motherhood whizzes by too fast... I'm starting to realize they're right! (*Sniff...)

Because wasn't this just yesterday?...


Well, we began our day with our typical Downs' family tradition. On birthday mornings we bake cinnamon rolls for breakfast! 


You can see in the photos that I gave him a little medicine. It's cough syrup. Poor little guy was feeling a bit under the weather on his birthday. (*Sad face)


But! You only get one birthday a year ya know! So the show must go on!

We tried our best to still make the day fun!

Soren had asked to stop by the store to spend a birthday gift card, then go to a bouncy playground.

I can typically be a tad controlling (gulp...) about getting my children ready to go places (ahem...). So, as a treat for Soren's birthday, I told him he could fix his own hair and wear whatever he wanted! Just like a "big boy"!

This was the result -

Awww... Haha!


I over-looked it and said, "C'mon kiddos! Let's go!"


He seemed to perk up a little as the day went on...


Soren probably has the best sense of humor of all of our kids, and makes us laugh regularly! 

The other day Roman was flipping out because Soren was putting his shoes on to go outside, during a time of day when we were all supposed to be inside... (Roman can't handle it when one of his siblings isn't following the rules! Haha... ) So, he was bossing Soren to 'take his shoes off right now!' And Soren just calmly said, "Don't worry about me, just worry about yourself!" And he headed out the back door. 

This was right after Soren had matter-of-factly told me that he probably has 2 or 3 Jesus' in his heart because he just keeps praying and praying and praying.... Haha!

Oh boy!

What kind of teenager is he going to be?!


When we arrived home, I got to work on fixing his birthday supper. 

Soren had requested a menu of cheeseburgers and hamburgers, blue Kool-aid, and cheesecake with a shark coming out of the top of it!

Here we are ready to have a fun, family night!


Only problem was Soren's medicine had worn off by this point and he was back to feeling icky!


C'mon, buddy! Cheer up!


It sure looked grim for a while... 

But it was nothing a few presents,


and a festive cake couldn't fix!!!



That's the face of a boy who's realized his dream of having a cheesecake with a shark coming out of the top has come true!

Haha...


It was a low-key family day. The perfect way to spend a birthday!

And we sure enjoyed celebrating him!

I tell Soren often how much he is loved, and how our family just wouldn't be the same without him!

I tell him he is a gift from God.

I tell him he is a good boy with a good heart.

I tell him I think he's funny.

I tell him that I pray for him, and I'm proud of him.

I tell him I'm thankful he's in my life!


And I'm thankful that you are in my life, too! You, sweet readers, who take the time to stop by here and read what I write!

You all mean so much to me!

I really do plan to write more about our trip, like I said, and share some more pictures.

Things just got a little busy lately.

Next on the schedule is Easter! So, I've been a busy-bee getting everything we need ready for that!


But I promise to be back here blogging real soon!

Have a great weekend!

Happy Easter, friends!


xo,

~ Courtney ~










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!