"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Costa Rica (Part One)

You guys!!!

We are back home after a week of bumming around Costa Rica for our tenth wedding anniversary!

We had a blast, and I want to share our pictures with you!








Would you like a tour of beautiful Costa Rica?....

You'll love it!

Jump on the plane with us...

Come on...

Let's go!


I hope you like HOT and STICKY!


And acting a little goofy...


And don't mind a lot of travel...

Because we were all over the place!

We rented a car...


Went on long hikes...


And caught the ferry...



It'll poop ya right out!

But don't worry!

I know where there's a pool where we can relax!

Did you bring your suit?

I brought two! Just in case! Haha...

Follow me!

It's right down this walkway...


We'll be cooled off in no time...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ahhh... See?... Much better!!!


And we have the pool all to ourselves!


Isn't this perfection?!

((Are you having fun?))


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We really tried to blend adventure and relaxation on this trip.

So... after a good, heavy dose of lazy pool time, we thought we'd dry our suits by taking a walk...


Our walk resulted in finding this really cool place...


Can you see me way up there? (And Micah's shadow taking my picture? Haha...)


There was this Rock of Engravings... And you know what they say, When in Rome....

So, I scratched a small "M+C" with a stick.


But Micah couldn't leave well enough alone...


My "M+C" wasn't good enough for him! (*eye roll....)


There!



We have left our mark in Costa Rica!

But, it was starting to get late... And we were hungry... So, we said good-bye to this awesome, isolated, little spot...


And went back to our room to change for dinner.

But even walking to dinner can be an adventure...

There were wild monkeys swinging around in the trees!!!


And of course we had to take a moment to stop by this look-out point, because it was a spot we stopped by ten-years ago when we were here!

Yes, we're still hungry, but this can't be missed!

Memories from when we honeymooned here just came rushing back!


And just at the height of enjoying this wonderful, sentimental moment... 


A bee came from out of no where and stung me!!!

How dare he!

I didn't do anything to him!

I was minding my own business!

Sheesh!!!

Well, that put an abrupt end to our time here, and we resumed our walk to dinner.

But as the minutes ticked on, I could feel the sting getting more and more painful... and noticed the area around it becoming red and swollen.

By the time we reached the restaurant, I was in a lot of pain.

We asked our waiter if he had any cream or lotion that he could bring to us.

He said in broken English, "Lemon is better!" And returned to our table with a cold lemon wedge for me.

I was desperate for the stinging to stop, so I shamelessly sat at dinner with a lemon wedge held to my arm pit! Haha!!!


I didn't care,  It worked!

I couldn't believe it!

Micah and I joked about how the Costa Rican's sure know how to handle bug bites! The sting went away and never bothered me again!

Did you know to use lemon for a bee sting?!

I admittedly never knew that!

But, I'm thankful it happened because now I know this handy trick, (and I can pass it along to you!)

I plan to keep some fresh lemons in my fridge this summer, so if one of my children gets stung I will know what to do!

The combination of the wedge being cold and acidic gave me almost immediate relief!

~ ~ Whew!!!! ~ ~

Now I can go back to enjoying our vacation!


And that's exactly what I did!

Oh, friends! There's more I want to share with you about our trip, but this is all I have time for today!

Please meet me back here soon for Part Two!

(To be continued...)

.........

~ Courtney ~











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!