"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Something to Look Forward To

I am coming up on ten years since I got married...

So, that means it's been ten years since my honeymoon, too!

We traveled to Costa Rica with dreams of reveling in salty air, warm sunshine, and each other's company.

I don't have vivid memories of the entire trip, but one memory that I do hold dear is this one, beautiful spot where we stayed...


Isn't it just lovely?

It's the balcony off of our room that overlooked a rainforest and volcano.

I didn't realize it at the time, but this perfect little spot would become a sacred picture in my mind for years to come.

When I think of our honeymoon, I think of this balcony.

It's where I return in my mind when I want to dwell on a time in my life that was peaceful and full of hope for the future. 


See?! I didn't have a care in the world!

The next ten years would include scores of joys and hardships... good days and bad days... The births of our babies... and deaths of some loved ones... and many other "normal" things that I'm sure you all have experienced, too.

I have a friend who says life is "Brutiful!" Equal parts of the brutal and the beautiful make up a well-lived life! (She is a wise friend, indeed!)

When we left Costa Rica, I would never have imagined I'd make it back to my fairy-tale, honeymoon destination again. And we haven't. Being the homebody that I am, I tend to believe big trips like this are a once-in-a-lifetime experience! 

BUT, just a couple of weeks ago Micah surprised me with the news that we are going back for our anniversary!

I am over the moon!!!

I will get to visit once more, this paradise of a resort that for the past ten years has only existed in my memory.

It's called the Lost Iguana Resort, and it's nestled in the middle of a nationally protected rainforest in Arenal, Costa Rica.


Naturally, I've begun to reminisce of our time there, and dream of how it will feel to be back.

We went on nature walks...


And on boat rides...


We enjoyed beautiful dinners...


We explored the rainforest...


And the countryside...


Swam in the ocean...


Visited the waterfalls...


We acted silly...


We acted crazy...


And had some adventure, too...


(We used to be quite adventurous, actually! Haha... I doubt zip-lining will be on our agenda for this next time around!)

I have a mental list of several things I'd like to have accomplished before we leave...

Being a homeschool mom to four little kids, my body is moderately neglected. We leave for our trip next month, so I plan to spend the next several weeks doing things like: Visiting my local tanning salon; Lifting my ten-pound weights for a few minutes each morning; And getting into my hairstylist for a haircut and highlight... You know, all the things homeschool moms NEVER do! Haha! (Or is that just me? ;)

I think doing these things will help boost my excitement for the trip, help pass the time as I eagerly wait, and hopefully make me feel "summer-ready" when I emerge from the plane.

As the well-known saying goes, "Summer bodies are made in the Winter."

Wish me luck, girlfriends! ;)

One final thing that I want to mention that I'm hoping to have ready for the trip, but I need your help... I'd like to have two or three new books in my hands. I never like to board a plane for a long flight without a new book to look forward to! Do you have any recommendations for me? What are your favorite books? Please leave a comment with your book suggestions for me! I would really appreciate your help!

I look forward to what you'll suggest for me...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

It means so much to me!

Take care, sweet friends...

xo,

~ Courtney ~



















2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congrats on being married ten years! That's something to celebrate!

    One of my favorite books is Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the recommendation! I've never heard of it, so I will definitely look it up to order! :) I appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!