"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Monday, January 30, 2017

Enjoying Winter

Oh, friends!

I can't believe I've been away this long! It has been too long!!!

Don't think I haven't thought about all of you! I always miss you when I take my little blogging breaks!

:)

I'll be honest... I fell into a bit of a funk.

I became ill a couple of weeks ago and it was difficult to just keep up with laundry and school lessons. I gave up on everything else until I started to feel better.

You all have been so kind to me throughout my blogging journey, that I know you understand.

:)

One day recently I was out and about and needed something to lift my spirits. Being sick was getting me down in the dumps.

(That is so unlike me! I usually enjoy winter!)

I found this beautiful houseplant while out shopping with the kids, and decided to bring it home...


It sits atop my built-in china cabinet:


It really helped!


~ "Every change of scene becomes a delight." ~

Do you decorate with live plants and flowers?

I would highly recommend it! It is SO uplifting during the dark winter months!

Here are some of my other live houseplants...



White orchids are one of my favorites!!! 

This little plant was purchased on Black Friday for my holiday decorating, and it's still alive and well! Can you believe it?! Haha... Aren't you proud of me, girlfriends?!


I also picked up this adorable little kitchen towel:

(Another live plant can be spotted here, too.)


It aided in lifting my spirit, as well!

(I found it at Walmart for $1.88)


~ "It's the little things in life." ~

When I finally began to feel better, I decided to host a brunch for the ladies in my Sunday School.

Preparing for something like a brunch is a great way to pass the time in winter and boost your mood!

Recently I heard someone say, "I hate this weather! I can't wait for spring!"

No, No, No, friends!

Let's not have that attitude!

As the beautiful author Fiona Ferris writes, "We are going to get winter every year whether we like it or not- it's at least a quarter of our life. And that's a good thing! I always think it's better to see another winter than not, don't you? Please do not wish away the cold season, because that means you are wishing your life away. Why not enjoy yourself instead?"

Well, I want to enjoy myself! So, I sent out invitations... Planned a lovely menu... Set my dining room table... And purchased fresh flowers...


The ladies I sit with in class every Sunday are such lovely people, I wanted to treat them to a special morning, and get to know them better.


I really enjoyed visiting and laughing with them at my table.


The last time I blogged about an event I hosted, a reader commented that I didn't show any of the food! Haha... Whoops! Well, I remembered this time to snap a few pictures of the spread right before we dug in:


I set everything out on my kitchen island:


If winter has you feeling a bit flat, you could light a pretty candle, wear bright, uplifting colors, or do what I did and put something fun on your calendar to look forward to!

Now that my brunch is over, I have something new to look forward to next. It is on my schedule for the not-so-distant future, and I'm super excited! But talking about that will have to wait until next time... So, check back with me soon!

Love to you all...

xo,

~ Courtney ~





















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!