"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Wonderful Quotes

Hi friends!

I hope you all are enjoying this Christmas season!



It's time for me to hunker down and get to work towards preparing my home for our annual Christmas Eve party. 

I look forward to sharing more about that with you, but for now I'm popping in quickly with a post about some wonderful quotes that I've come across.

It encourages me in my homemaking when I hear others confirm what I've long believed about the importance of being home...

"Not everything has to happen 'somewhere else'. People get their social life 'somewhere else'. They do their creative work 'somewhere else'. They go on vacation 'somewhere else'. I've learned that one reason people want to go 'somewhere else' is because the home is not as cheerful and uplifting as it should be." ~ Lydia at Homeliving.com 




"Play with your cat, plant a garden, take your kids to the park, bake a pie, take time to be a friend. Keep putting the little moments together and they'll turn into contentment." ~ Susan Branch





"The ordinary arts we practice everyday at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." ~ Thomas Moore 




"So long as we have homes to which men turn at close of day;
So long as we have homes where children are and women stay;
If love and loyalty and faith be found across those sills, a stricken nation can recover from its greatest ills." ~ Grace Noll Crowell




"With pomp, power and glory the world beckons vainly, in chase of such vanities why should I roam? While peace and content bless my little thatched cottage, and warm my own hearth with the treasures of home." ~ Beatrix Potter




"The corporate woman has been defined as the 'liberated woman' and I see that as the exact opposite. I think she now is more enslaved. Imitating male power is not female power." ~ Kenny Loggins



"It was the only ambition I ever had - not to be a dancer or Hollywood movie star, but to be a housewife in a good marriage." ~ Doris Day

Aren't those all such wonderful quotes for the homemaker?!

We need all the support and encouragement we can get in our modern day! We unfortunately live in a generation that does not consider the stay-at-home life to be a worthy pursuit!

Of course, those of us who are at home know differently!

Our days are filled with meaning and purpose.


We are not wasting our time and efforts on someone else's dream and agenda, but rather we are investing our time and efforts in our own legacy.

"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." Proverbs 31:27-28

Well friends, I wish I could spend more time with you, but this is all the time I have for tonight. Like I said, Micah and I host Christmas Eve in our home each year, and I have about one hundred things that I need to do over the next few days!

This is my To-Do list:


Hopefully by this Saturday, my hard work will pay off and my home will look like this:

(This is Micah and I last year on Christmas Eve, and what I'm striving for again this year.)


Wish me luck, friends!

I will do my best to be back here blogging again very soon!

Until then...

xo,

~ Courtney ~











2 comments:

  1. Scott and Denise were just commenting last night how nice you make Christmas eve with all the dinner and home preparations. It is GOOD that you have the privilege to stay at home. You definitely have a "handful of purpose". I'm glad you revel in it. My fav quote... Doris Day... (besides Prov 31)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginger! I love getting comments! I also love creating a nice Christmas Eve for my family! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!