"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Christmas Tour

I thought it'd be fun to show you my house decorated for Christmas!

I should warn you though...

This is a picture-heavy post!

So, I'll try my best not to talk much, but to just let the pictures speak for themselves!

These photos have been taken over the last few days, as time has allowed.

Some during the day...



Others at night.


But ALL were taken while desperately trying to shoo children and kick toys out of the way!

(((*eye roll...)))

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Let me show you what Micah and I have been working on...

Welcome to my home!!!...



This is my kitchen...













 In my childhood home, my mother would always put this little red car out every Christmas.

Several years ago she handed it down to me...



The same goes for this handmade snowman. It hung above our kitchen sink every year.

I love meaningful decorations, so placing some items from my childhood around my home is a joyous thing for me!



Moving into the dining room...







The red roses on my table are artificial for now.

They're just for holding me over till Christmas Eve when they will get replaced.

My tradition is that I go out, the day or two before Christmas, and purchase a couple dozen fresh red rose bouquets for the big day!!!



If all of this decorating wasn't enough to get me in the Christmas spirit, a beautiful heavy snowfall would certainly do it!!!


Micah decorated the front of the house just in time for our first snow!



I love that I can see it from inside the house...


This is our front room...



If you shine up the glass around your house, the reflections from the lights will really sparkle!!!

See what I mean on the hutch door?...











Antique glass birds and a Christmas book!!!

Be still my heart!



The foyer/staircase...








Lastly, I'll show you the room I never put on this blog...

I've wanted to renovate it since we first moved in, but we haven't gotten to it yet.

The kids have claimed it as their playroom, and I try my best not to let it drive me nuts.

This is our family room...







We put up two full-sized, real trees each year. The one up in our front room has been decorated how I want, so it's only fair that the one in here is decorated by the kids...




~Whew!!!~

That was a lot of pictures!

Are you still with me? Haha...

I hope you enjoyed the tour, and I truly hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Bake cookies, go to Christmas programs, drive your kids around in their pajamas to look at lights...
and enjoy the season!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

You all mean so much to me!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!


xo,

~Courtney~


























2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I know! :) Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!