"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Friday, October 14, 2016

Glimpses Of Fall

We have settled nicely into Fall...



"When Autumn comes, it doesn't ask. It just blows in where it left you last..." ~ John Mayer

The woods behind our farmhouse is dressed for the season...


And we've been enjoying the sights and the fresh, crisp air...


Our pink sunsets have returned once more...


"Every change of scene becomes a delight!" ~ Seneca

And our little orchard has given us some apples this year...


When we purchased our property, there wasn't a single fruit tree in the entire 20-acres that were ours. 

We dreamed of having a little orchard close to the house, for our kids.

We wanted them to have a childhood of picking and snacking on home-grown fruit until their little hearts were content.

So Micah plants a couple of fruit trees every Spring, in the same little area.

Our very own little orchard!!!

The majority of our orchard right now is still in its infancy, but the few trees that he planted when we first moved here, bear us a little fruit!

It's extremely exciting! 

I have heartstrings attached to even the trees where I live! I love seeing the kids snacking on a piece of fruit that they hand picked from a tree their daddy planted.

"For all of us, today's experiences are tomorrow's memories." ~ Barbara Johnson

Fall is a wonderful time to make memories...

It's a time to fire the kitchen back up...


and do some baking.



It's a time to rake up some leaf piles...


They look so proud, don't they? :)



It's a time to sip hot tea while playing games at the kitchen table...


It's a time to make things cozy...


and read from our beautiful antique books...

I've really enjoyed reading this Autumn poem aloud to my kids...


Isn't that neat?! 

I just love that!!!

It's a time to tuck pumpkins and pine sprigs into quaint places...
(Elsa spotted a butterfly!)



It's a time when the sunbeams throughout my house change...

The late afternoon sunlight splashes across my cabinets, illuminating and warming up my kitchen...


Fall is also the time to pack away the summer CDs, and pull out the cold-weather music.

This is my new Fall CD. I just ordered it on Amazon and I love it! It's perfect for creating a Fall atmosphere in my home...


I know I've said this on my blog before, but it's worth repeating. The beautifully talented author, Susan Branch, wrote how she considers the five senses when homemaking. She asks herself, does home look good, smell good, feel good, taste good, and sound good?

Isn't that fantastic?!

That's why I only play uplifting music in my home. Making home delightful blesses our family!

"Be mindful to be a blessing." ~ Galatians 6:10

It's a time to place mums into planters...


and do a little Fall decorating.

This is the view from my front door...


When it comes to decorating for Fall, I like to use things that are real and natural.

I enjoy using things like turkey feathers and dried hydrangeas...


Fresh cranberry sprigs from the yard...




Pinecones...


Candles...


White pumpkins...


Fresh fruit in fall colors...


And deer antlers...


(I keep it simple because I do not want a huge upheaval in a month when it's time to decorate for Christmas.)

Lastly, Fall is the time for Harvest.

Ever since we've moved out to the country, I've enjoyed watching the farmers across the street and next door to us. They are such hard workers!

(This is the cornfield across the street. I've watched it grow all summer, and recently I watched them take it down.)


They get into their big, green tractors and...

Harvest Home, Harvest Home!

We've plowed, we've sowed,

We've reaped, we've mowed

And brought safe home, every load.

~ Old Harvest Song 

Girlfriends, we are like farmers in our homes! We are planting seeds in everything that we do! And we will reap whatever it is that we sow! 

I want to plant happy moments so that I will reap a lifetime of happy memories!

"A man reaps what he sows." ~ Galatians 6:7b

Let's have a Happy Harvest, friends!

xo,

~ Courtney ~








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!