"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

An Invitation (The Plan of Salvation)


We have been saying goodbye to summer over the last few days...

For it has turned chilly here lately.

I whisper a quiet farewell to my flowers....



because I know it will be many months before they visit me again.

It is bittersweet...

It is like saying goodbye to a dear friend...


Maybe as winter settles in I'll be able to blog more!

Because all of you have become my dear friends, as well!

I have noticed in my blog stats that this blog is spreading. It is receiving hits from various other countries. And it makes me curious... 

Who in Turkey... or France... or China... is reading my blog?

And the thought that is always fore-front in my mind is, Am I pointing people to the Lord?

So, today I want to extend An Invitation...


I want to invite you to give your life to Jesus Christ.

Did you know that you are not reading this by accident? Christians who are reading this: Pray for those reading who are unsaved! Those of you reading who have never repented: God is inviting you to accept His gift of salvation!

"He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Have you ever wondered how you can obtain a personal relationship with Jesus and know for sure that you will go to Heaven when you die?

God's plan of salvation is simple. 

~ Repent and Believe! ~

"The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!" Mark 1:15


Repentance is the first step to salvation because, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

It isn't enough to just believe in God. 

"You believe that there is one God? Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder." James 2:19

Scripture has some sobering warnings about this:

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!" Matthew 7:21-23

You may be thinking, Yeah, but I'm a good person... I've spent my life in church... I don't do bad things... But the bible says, "There is no one righteous, not even one... There is no one who does good, not even one." Romans 3:10/12b


The bible also tells us what we really deserve for our sins:

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

So, the first step is to repent! But don't let the word "repent" scare you. It just means to turn away from your sin, and is absolutely essential for the assurance of salvation!

Pastor and author J.D. Greear puts it this way:

"The idea of 'asking Jesus into your heart' often gives false assurance to those who are not saved."

So friends, I urge you! Confess your sins to the Lord through genuine repentance!

"Unless you repent, you too will perish." Luke 13:3

"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation..." 2 Corinthians 7:10


God knew we would be lost in our sin, separated from Him forever. He knew we would have no hope for reconciling with Him on our own. So, He sent His son, Jesus, to die on the cross to take the penalty of our sins for US!

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

All we have to do is accept this priceless gift!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


Do not be fooled by other religions. Jesus is the only way to God, and the only way to Heaven. 

"Jesus answered, 'I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

He does not say, I am A way, or, I am ONE way... No. He says, "I am THE way."

He also says, 

"I am the gate, whoever enters through me will be saved." John 10:9

So, it's very clear. We must repent of our sins and believe on Jesus Christ for our salvation. No other name under heaven can save us. No religion can save us. Good works can not save us. 

~ Only Jesus! ~

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me." Revelation 3:20



 Do you hear Him knocking on your hearts door? 

If you've never opened your heart and surrendered your life to Jesus, and are still reading this, God is pursuing you. He wants a personal relationship with you.

"I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, today is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2b

Will you respond...?


xo,

~ Courtney ~


4 comments:

  1. This is most Favorite Blog I have read of Your's. They are All Very Special, but I want to Thank You for sharing this message. Well Done, Thy Good and Faithful Servant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This lovely story never gets old. Mixed with the pictures of your flowers, it is such a reminder of the life He gives us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany! You're right, it never gets old! Thanks for your comments!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!