"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Hair Inspiration

Hi friends!!!

I'm just popping in with a quick post today about my Nola, but before I get into it I want to say thank you! 
You all have been so supportive and encouraging to me about my blog ever since I got it started. 
A few of you leave comments for me right here on the blog, some of you will leave a "like" or a comment on the link I post on FB, and so many of you tell me in person that you are reading it. I want you to know how much I appreciate that!
I really love hearing from you!
I know there are millions of blogs in Blogland, so the fact that you take the time to stop by mine, means so much to me!!!

I have a quick, and hopefully fun, little post today about my Nola.

             

Isn't she so cute?!!! I love her so much! 

Anyway, she loves to look at books! She can't read yet, but I find her all the time curled up in a cozy spot, slowly flipping through the pages of a book. 

She came to me the other day and showed me this picture:

           

She said, "Mom, do you think you could do my hair like this someday? I think it's really beautiful."

She was inspired!!! I was so thrilled that her inspiration came from an antique book. Old fashioned things really are the best things! (Sometimes I feel like a fish out of water living in 2016. I wish our world could go back to the morals and culture from 60 or 70 years ago... but that's a topic for another post...)

This is an adorable little book, as you can see:




I really wanted to accommodate her hair request, so we carved out time one morning before her dance class, and I got to work on it. She had taken a shower and I let her hair air dry for a little bit first. Her hair was damp when I began:

             

I gave her hair an overall light coat of hair spray first, for some control, and carved out a center part:



             

I secured two low pony tails behind her ears:

            
           

And braided each one:

           

         

I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, but I just gave it a shot. I tucked the end of the braid underneath to make a loop and secured it with a hair band:

         

Looking at it closely, I could see it was very imperfect, but Nola liked it! So we went with it!

       

        

I gave it another coat of hairspray at the end, and showed her in the mirror what it looked like. 

She was happy! So I was happy! :):):)

       

It lasted all day. This is a picture I quickly snapped of her and her little friend at dance class:

      

Having girls is so much fun!!! I tell Nola all the time what a treasure and gift I think she is! I tell her she's a good girl, and that I pray for her and love her, and am proud of her. I can't imagine my life without her! 

Her dance recital is this weekend and I plan to do a blog post about that, too! 

Stay tuned!

Love to you,

~ Courtney 

2 comments:

  1. How sweet is Miss Nola! Cute hair. Good luck to her at the dance recital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sadie! I think I'm more nervous than she is! Haha!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!