"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Monday, April 11, 2016

Soren Jack



Hello friends!

I hope you all are enjoying your Spring.

April is a special month for us because it's our Soren's birthday!

He turned four this year!

As I'm writing this, I'm reflecting back on my pregnancy with him, and I remember thinking I was going to lose him. Even my Doctor was preparing me that I might lose him. 
Can I tell you a little story? 

     The first time I ever became pregnant, I delivered a perfectly healthy baby after a very normal and uneventful 9-months. That was our Roman, who is now seven. When he was a year old, I became pregnant again and almost immediately started having complications. It was a totally different pregnancy than what I had experienced with Roman. I knew something wasn't right. After a shaky and scary two months, I lost the baby.
  
     Several months later I became pregnant again, and this time the pregnancy reminded me of what I had experienced with Roman. Sure enough, it turned into a normal pregnancy, and I delivered a healthy baby; our Nola Josette. But when she was just a year old, I became pregnant again. 
     
     It was like dejavu. I had a bad feeling about this pregnancy. I was having similar complications to what I had gone through with my miscarriage. Things were getting worse until one day I knew I had to go to the Doctor. Just like with my miscarriage, they did an ultrasound and I was prepared for the worst. 
   
     A heartbeat was found! I was surprised and elated, but diagnosed with Placenta Previa. I was sent home on "Bed Rest". There was only one little problem with that, though... I had a toddler, a baby, and a self-employed husband who couldn't take time off of work! I simply couldn't be in bed! As time went on and the more I was active, the worse my condition got. 
     
     One day, in the Doctor's office, I can remember getting scolded and threatened with being admitted to the hospital if I didn't adhere to his orders. I went home in tears. My mother would come over to help, and Micah would do what he could, but no one can take the place and work load of "mom". 

     I really wanted to do my best to save the pregnancy, but I also really wanted to be a good and present mama to the children I already had. I felt torn... and guilty. My pregnancy progressed, even though my condition never cleared up. Before I knew it, I was 9-months pregnant:
     

            

     I hate admitting this, but if I were to be perfectly honest, I can clearly remember becoming emotionally unattached. The sharp pain of miscarriage was still fresh in my memory from a couple of years before. I needed to protect myself. My heart was ready to lose him. But the lesson that I learned through this turbulent pregnancy is that God does what He wants. Friends, I bled heavily and constantly for 9-months straight, and ended up delivering a healthy, full-term baby boy. Soren Jack:


Suddenly, I had three kids, ages 3 and under:


And this past Sunday, Soren turned four!

Every birthday is special, of course, but on Sunday I couldn't help but reflect back on all of this and feel so blessed!

We started off the morning with some presents:

           

Then we got dressed and ready for church:

         

After church we celebrated with cake...


         

and cousins...

        

and jumping and sliding...

       

Soren had a great birthday! 

Having my babies so close together certainly has come with its challenges. Things have gotten a lot easier, though, and I'm so thankful to have each of them in my life. 

I have prayed the same prayer over Soren since he was born, and I'll continue to pray it:

     Lord, 

Thank you for giving Soren to me, he's such a special gift. Please make me a good mama for him. Give him a heart that wants to obey. Give him a heart that wants to love and serve you all the days of his life. Grant him repentance and save him at a young age. Bless his life. Give him a good and happy life. Raise up a godly woman for him to marry someday. Protect her now while she's young. Bless her parents with a strong marriage and give them wisdom for raising her. Let her always know she's loved. Please let Soren always know he's loved, too. 

     Amen

Thanks for reading,

~Courtney 



4 comments:

  1. Soren is a precious gift from God. It amazes me how during pregnancy our bodies just take over and do what is best for the baby. I don't know how you did it with 3 under 3yrs. A cleaning lady or nanny helper would have been on my wish list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, looking back on it I maybe should have pushed for that! My mom would come over to help and a few times my aunt or grandma would come with her. It was awesome having extra sets of hands and we needed it!

      Delete
  2. What a blessing! What a gift!! Isn't it just neat to think of what God has planned for Soren? It was really neat to read this. Thanks for sharing! How uplifting to remember God has a perfect plan for each life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He does! I look forward to seeing how it all unfolds. I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for reading:):)

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!