"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." - Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Winter Vignettes


Winter is the time for being home.

Jane Austen said, "There is nothing like staying Home for real comfort."

I think she's right!

When it looks like this outside, there's no other place I'd rather be...



                                 

               Why not put together some cozy vignettes to make being home extra enjoyable? 

           Once the Christmas decor is packed away there are still several months before spring.

 I've wondered in the past, how do I decorate for winter without it looking Christmasy or spring-like?




                                

                                          I'll show you my dining room table vignette.

               For a winter vignette, I like to use materials that are warm, rich, and visually "heavy".

                                I started with a blue wool scarf that I used as a runner.

                 My mother-in-law brought this scarf home to me from a trip she took to Ireland 
                                              when my husband and I were dating.

   

                                 

                 The turkey feathers, deer antlers, and pine sprigs have been collected from 
                                               our property during family nature walks. 

             The garland reminds me of ice, so I've deemed it perfect for this winter vignette.

                                 
                                 





    

                                        Another place I'll show you is in my living room.

                                                 I chose white orchids for in here...

                                

                                                  They're $10 at Walmart right now. 


                                 

                                     In my opinion, white orchids can be used year-round.

                                                
                                                       

                                    

                                                 My living room "dressed" for winter.

   (There's a reason why I've kept you in only this living room and the dining room.... The rest of the     
                                                house is trashed with toys.... Sigh....)

                                              Thanks for letting me show you around.

                                                        Happy Winter decorating!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like the white orchids. Might have to pick one up. I love your house. Always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was just at Walmart last night and the orchids are on clearance now for $5!

      Delete

I love receiving your kind comments! They make blogging much more fun when I can interact with friends!